Access Statement For The Fisherbeck, Lake Road, Ambleside, Cumbria, LA22 0DH.
We aim to cater for the needs of all visitors in our 18 bedroom property.
Four of our bedrooms are on the ground floor and these garden rooms are our most accessible.
We have tried to provide as much information as possible in this statement, if you have any queries please do call us on 015394 33215.
We look forward to welcoming you.
- We have a website – www.fisherbeckhotel.co.uk
- Bookings and enquires can be made by telephone on 01539433215, by email firstname.lastname@example.org, or by the internet by going to our website and following the link to book online.
- The closest train station is in Windermere, 4.5 miles away, connecting to Oxenholme.
- Taxis are available from the train stations but we can book one for you in advance if required.
- The nearest bus stop is at the bottom of our car park.
- The larger bus stop is in the centre of the village 0.4 miles away.
- All shops are 0.5 miles away in the centre of the village, this route from The Fisherbeck has a pavement.
- We can provide information in large print on request.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests’ pets but do of course welcome assistance dogs by prior arrangement.
Arrival & Parking Facilities
- There is private parking at the front of the property in The Fisherbeck car park. Spaces are marked with white markers, providing space for all. There are also disabled spaces in the public car park adjacent to the main building.
- The Fisherbeck car park is level with gravel covering and the public car park is level with tarmac covering.
- There are 5 paved steps measuring 19cm high 60cm deep from the car park to the patio. There is a hand rail on the right of the steps as you go up them and there is lighting on these steps.
- The front door is 20m from the steps. This walk way is paved and well lit at night.
- Parking is 23m away from the entrance.
Main Entrance & Public Areas
- To enter The Fisherbeck there are 7 steps measuring 20cm high 30cm deep with hand rails at each side and a flat, carpeted walk way to reception.
- If you prefer not to walk up to reception then please call us on 015394 33215 and we can meet you at the entrance to the garden rooms.
- Assistance can be given with luggage and we will show you to your room. There is no lift.
- There is seating in the adjacent guest lounge which is level with reception.
- All public areas are carpeted and lit with a combination of ceiling and wall lights.
- There is a unisex public toilet located in the main building but this is not wheelchair accessible.
- The dining room is in the main building with 1 step from the reception/entrance area measuring 15cm high.
- There is a lower level dining room which is more accessible to the garden rooms having a side entrance with 3 steps up measuring a max. 19cm high & min. 29cm deep.
- Breakfast is full waitress service.
- The garden area, where there is seating, is paved. This is also the designated smoking area & an ash tray can be provided on request. Smoking is not permitted in The Fisherbeck or any of its rooms.
- We have a loop system for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- We do not play background music in any public area.
- Our 14 guest rooms in the main building are accessed by 16 steps to the 1st floor and 16 steps to the 2nd floor. The steps are 18cm high 28cm deep. There is a hand rail on the right hand side as you go up. All steps and corridors are carpeted.
- After the steps from the car park to the garden level, there are no further steps to the 4 garden rooms with king size bed. These rooms are our most accessible. They have a tiled floor throughout, 2 sheepskin rugs, bedside lamps as well as ceiling and wall lights. The height of the king size bed from the floor to the top of the mattress is 70cm.
- All rooms have seating, bedside tables, a wardrobe and chest of drawers & telephone. They also have a flat screen T.V. with Freeview and subtitles available.
- A wake up call can be provided.
- Furniture can be moved or removed, if possible, on request.
- Our king size beds are 150cm wide and our superking size beds are 180cm wide.
- There is central heating throughout but temperatures can be adjusted in each room to suit individual requirements.
- The garden rooms have no internal steps to the bathroom. The door to the bathroom is 74cm wide. The bathroom has ceiling lights, shaving light and a Velux window.
- The garden rooms have a double ended bath with support rail and separate walk in shower with a raised lip.
- The toilet seat height from the floor is 44cm and the height of the wash basin from the floor is 82cm.
- A non slip bath mat can be provided.
- There are “In Case of Fire” instructions posted on the back of the guest room doors in the main building.
- There is an information folder for each of the bedrooms with details of local restaurants as well as our menus.
- We have drying facilities for walkers and storage facilities for cyclists.
- Free WiFi is available in all rooms.
- We are happy to cater for special diets. Please advise us before or on your arrival.
- We can refrigerate any medication, food or drinks.
- High Chairs & Cots are available.
Telephone; 015394 33215
Fax; 015394 33600
Hours of operation; 8am – 11pm all week
Local accessible taxi numbers;
015394 44644 – B-Line
015394 32371 – Kevin’s
015394 46664 – Windermere Taxi
We welcome your feedback, to help us continuously improve, if you have any comments please phone 015394 33215 or email us at email@example.com
Enquiries & Bookings 01539 433215