Welcome to Breakfast at The Fisherbeck. Just relax, let us do the work and our only request is that you turn off your mobile telephone. We have tried to source as much of our produce from local award winning producers so that you can experience a real ‘Cumbrian’ breakfast.
But Cumbria is a relatively new county made up from parts of Lancashire, Cumberland & Westmorland and lying right on the Scottish border, next to Northumberland & Yorkshire. Consequently we have taken a little something from all around us like Lancashire black pudding, excellent pork sausages made from Cumbrian bred pigs and eggs from the Fylde coast which we collect ourselves every week from the farm. The bacon comes from Staveley and our coffee is roasted in Kendal by Farrer’s who have been tea and coffee merchants in the town since 1819. Milk is delivered fresh to our door, every day of the week, in bottles, not cartons, which are always re-cycled.
The Old Smokehouse near Lancaster and Cartmel Valley Game Suppliers, two of the finest smokehouses in the North of England, provide our Natural Smoked Haddock and Smoked Salmon.
Porridge is made in the classic Scottish fashion, completely plain and unsweetened so you can add all the extras to your liking – particularly those sultanas soaked in Malt Whisky.
We make our own granola, muesli, muffins & rum butter and our bread is baked in Staveley at More? The Artisan Bakery.
We also try to make a good supply of our own preserves like marmalade, damson or blackberry & apple jam, so please ask if you would care to try what is available.
But perhaps the best thing about breakfast here is knowing that someone else is doing the washing up!
- Orange, Grapefruit or Cranberry Juice
- Freshly Brewed Farrer’s Breakfast Blend Coffee or your own Individual Cafetiere of Farrers No. 1 Blend or Decaffeinated
- Pot of Tea; English Breakfast, Decaffeinated, Green Tea, Darjeeling, Earl Grey, Assam, Red Bush, Lapsang Souchong, Camomile or Selection of Fruit Varieties
- Bucks Fizz, Your own ¼ Bottle of Prosecco with Orange Juice, Enough for 2 to Share, (£5.95 supplement)
- Real Porridge, Plain or with Cream, Honey or Sultanas in Whisky
- Chilled Half Ruby Grapefruit or Gratinated with Vanilla Sugar
- Cinnamon Poached Prunes & Apricots with Greek Style Yoghurt & Pecan Granola
- Cornflakes, Branflakes, Allbran, Weetabix, Rice Crispies or Homemade Muesli
- Full Lakeland Breakfast, Bacon, Fried Egg, Pork Sausage, Tomato, Mushrooms and Black Pudding
- Smoked Haddock with Herb Butter
- Smoked Salmon with Scrambled Eggs
- Basket with Croissant, Pain au Chocolat & Home Baked Muffin
- 2 Large Boiled Eggs with fingers of Buttered Toast
- Vegetarian Breakfast, Egg of your choice, Baked Beans, Mushrooms, Tomato & Veggie Sausage
- More? The Artisan Bakery’s White Or Granary Toast & Homemade Preserves
Enquiries & Bookings 01539 433215