Welcome to Breakfast at The Fisherbeck. Just relax, let us do the work and our only request is that you turn off your mobile telephone. We have tried to source as much of our produce from local award winning producers so that you can experience a real ‘Cumbrian’ breakfast.
But Cumbria is a relatively new county made up from parts of Lancashire, Cumberland & Westmorland and lying right on the Scottish border, next to Northumberland & Yorkshire. Consequently we have taken a little something from all around us like Lancashire black pudding, excellent pork sausages made from Cumbrian bred pigs and eggs from the Fylde coast which we collect ourselves every week from the farm. The bacon comes from Staveley and our coffee is roasted in Kendal by Farrer’s who have been tea and coffee merchants in the town since 1819. Milk is delivered fresh to our door, every day of the week, in bottles, not cartons, which are always re-cycled.
Neves of Fleetwood, one of the finest fresh fish suppliers in the North of England provide our Smoked Salmon while the Smoked Haddock is supplied by Cartmel Valley Game & Smokehouse.
Porridge is made in the classic Scottish fashion, completely plain and unsweetened so you can add all the extras to your liking – particularly those sultanas soaked in Malt Whisky.
We make our own granola, muesli, muffins & rum butter and our bread is baked in Staveley at More? The Artisan Bakery.
We also try to make a good supply of preserves like damson, peach or blackberry & apple jam, so please ask if you would care to try what is available.
But perhaps the best thing about breakfast here is knowing that someone else is doing the washing up!
- Orange, Grapefruit or Cranberry Juice
- Freshly Brewed Farrer’s Breakfast Blend Coffee or your choice of
- Kenyan, Colombian or Decaffeinated Individual Cafetiere
- Pot of Tea; English Breakfast, Decaffeinated, Green Tea, Darjeeling, Earl Grey, Assam, Red Bush, Lapsang Souchong, Camomile or Selection of Fruit Varieties
- Bucks Fizz, Your own ¼ Bottle of Sparkling Wine with Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice, Enough for 2 to Share, (£5.95 supplement)
- Real Porridge, Plain or with Cream, Honey or Sultanas in Malt Whisky
- Half Ruby Grapefruit, Chilled or Gratinated with Vanilla Sugar
- Cinnamon Poached Prunes & Apricots with Greek Yoghurt & Pecan Granola
- Cornflakes, Branflakes, Allbran, Weetabix, Rice Crispies or Homemade Muesli
- Full Lakeland Breakfast, Bacon, Fried Egg, Pork Sausage, Tomato, Mushrooms and Black Pudding
- Smoked Haddock with Herb Butter
- Smoked Salmon with Scrambled Eggs
- Basket with Home Baked Muffin, Breakfast Flapjack & Croissant
- 2 Large Boiled Eggs with fingers of Buttered Toast
- Vegetarian Breakfast, Egg of your choice, Baked Beans, Mushrooms, Tomato & Veggie Sausage
- More? The Artisan Bakery’s White Or Granary Toast & Homemade Preserves
Please ask if you would prefer skimmed, semi skimmed milk, whole milk or low cholesterol spread instead of butter.
Enquiries & Bookings 01539 433215