The Fisherbeck Hotel is a handsome stone building, parts of which date back to the first half of the 17th century, with further extensions added during the Victorian era. The oldest building was a tannery nearby the little beck (river), whilst the main building was a wedding present given to his daughter by a gentlemen living in Rothay Manor living across the field. A short walk takes you to the shore of beautiful Lake Windermere and its pier for lake cruises, or to Ambleside town centre with its cafes, restaurants and shops. There are views from the front of the hotel across to the Lake District fells, while the attractions of the National Park are accessible by car or public transport, making it the ideal location for your visit.
The Fisherbeck offers the perfect blend of tranquillity and convenience with all the attractions of the Lake District at your door. Our friendly team, comfortable and newly renovated bedrooms, delicious breakfasts and inviting lounge bar all reflect our philosophy, which is to give our guests a warm welcome and a truly relaxing stay.
If you are new to the Lakes District, and wondering why to select us as your preferred hotel choice, we hereby highlight a few "why us" points for your easy reference:
1. Center of the Lakes: Ambleside is almost the center of the Lake District – stay in the east, west, north or the south? – why not choose center.
2. Newly decorated rooms and new beddings - less risk of staying in a tired room.
3. Parking: we have 18 own parking spaces plus a public parking next door – parking in Ambleside is simply precious if you are a seasoned Lakes traveller.
5. Bar lounge & beer garden: we have our own bar lounge and beer garden – total relaxation (many smaller B&B is categorized as sleeping place only).
6. Quiet and convenience: we are 8 minutes walk to the Windermere Lake and 5 minutes walk to the Ambleside village center, tranquil but close to Tesco, bars & restaurants, etc.
7. Grand View: we have grand fell view – some guests feel therapy in watching the clouds changing in the far fells.
8. Breakfast: we spare no costs in delivering 5 star hotel breakfast experiences. One of the top three reasons for guests to return to us is the breakfast.
9. Hiking routes: we have walking routes in all directions starting from our property (right, left, back and front).
10. Bus stop: we have bus stops right in front of our hotel.
11. Tesla Battery Re-charge: we have an electric car power recharge station next door.
12. Guest Care: we are staffed from 7 am in the morning until 11 pm in the evening – we don’t wish to reduce the cost by asking guest to do “self-service”.
13 . Value for money: many guests feel that we are priced at similar level as that of many small bed and breakfast in the village, but we offer more such as bar lounge, long hour staff attending, grand fell views, plenty of parking etc.
14. Free WiFi
15. Bike storage
16. Pet friendly (outside garden rooms)
17. Hiker's dry room